Monday, October 29, 2012

Spaghetti stuffed garlic bread


This is an idea I found on Pinterest. I was really nervous about trying it because it seems pretty complicated to somehow stuff garlic bread with spaghetti without it becoming all runny, but it was surprisingly easier than I thought and charlie LOVED it! The recipe is from http://rhodesbread.com/blog/blog/braided-spaghetti-bread
. I adapted the recipe and tweaked it a little to my own liking. 
here is the recipe with my changes- 

You will need:
  • 1 roll of refrigerated pizza dough ( the original recipe calls for Rhodes bread dough, but it doesn't really matter what kind of dough you use)
  • 6 oz spaghetti, cooked
  • 1/2 cup thick spaghetti sauce (the original recipe calls for a cup of sauce but I was worried about it being too runny, so I only used a half cup and used the rest to dip the bread in once it was cooked)
  • 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes ( I used pepper jack because it was all I had, and it was actually really good)
  • 1 egg white
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Parsley flakes
Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the dough out flat. Cook the spaghetti noodles and drain. Add the 1/2 cup sauce to the cooked spaghetti and  and mix well. Place spaghetti in the center of the dough. top with cheese . With a pizza cutter cut lines around the dough 

(picture from blog)

next wrap the strips of dough completely around the spaghetti. Brush top with egg white, garlic salt and parsley flakes. 

bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

Enjoy!

Charlie and I both decided it would taste good with sausage cooked into it next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment