Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkin snickerdoodles with pumpkin spice Hersey kisses



During the fall season I am pretty much completely obsessed with anything pumpkin. I will eat anything if it comes in a pumpkin version. I have a recipe for pumpkin cookies already, so I just "snickerdoodled" that recipe and added a pumpkin spice Hershey kiss to the top to make them even MORE pumpkin-y. I bought the Hershey kisses earlier as an impulse buy, because like I said.... I just can resist a pumpkin version of anything. So I decided to put them to good use by throwing them on my cookies :) 

Pre heat oven to 400
One stick of butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
one large egg
( mix these first ingredients together first)
3 and a fourth cup flour
2tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix together with the first set of ingredients and chill for about 30 minutes in the fridge. 
Meanwhile prepare the snickerdoodle part by mixing about a half cup of sugar with a tsp of cinnamon. I usually just kinda mix the two until I decide it looks good. 

Put small dough balls (about the size of a quarter) on an un-greased baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes

Immediately add the Hershey kisses after pulling them out of the oven so the bottom of the kisses can melt onto the cookie so they wont fall off

enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment